Friday, October 30, 2009

Track Record

I'm asked sometimes how we're doing.  The truth is, we're not doing well.  I nearly put myself in the pysch ward on Friday last week because we're just getting snowed under despite all the efforts we're putting in to stay solvent, stay sane and stay healthy.

The drunk driver that nearly killed Lisa ended up causing severe disc injury to her spine (L4 - S1) for which she is going to physical therapy now.  She loves the therapy and says that it is helping her feel better.  There is a stim machine that the therapist puts her on and as she is using the machine, she says she can feel the machine helping her spasms lessen.

We're tallying up bills to send in for restitution when the guy is sentenced November 28.  As of tonight, Lisa's bills total nearly 50k, and we'll be finding out the remainder tomorrow when she calls her physical therapist to get those totals as well.

I worry that she will not win restitution.  As it is at present, nearly every day we get a new bill from a hospital, service, or car place telling us how much we owe here, here and there.  We got another bill today saying that the tow yard where the wrecked car was taken is billing us, and has been since the 18th of July.  What a nasty way to get a surprise additional charge.  What can we do with a wrecked car except...?  What?  Take it home and look at it?

So it's another bill to pay.

I am not recovering well either.  The doctor put me in a wheelchair on Tuesday.  People are talking and spreading rumors at work about me, that I "want attention," and I'm doing this and telling people about what we're going through because I don't have enough attention being paid to me.  Each setback is met with a "what's new" attitude, accompanied with much eye-rolling and negative commentary.

Like we planned this.  I tell people at work about what's happening because I'm reaching out for help.  To get kicked in the teeth is brutal.

Nobody plans to nearly lose their wife, and lose their own health in the process.  I fear I'm losing my sanity.  I will be meeting with my doctor in the afternoon to evaluate starting me on anti-depressants.

Thank God for our friends and family stepping in to alleviate some of the pressure and stress.  One donated food today.  Another donated ten bucks.

Thank God for people that actually have hearts.  Thank you to those that have helped.  You mean the world to us.

2 comments:

  1. Just found this blog, via your Twitter feed. Yikes that's bad news, and even worse that people are being unkind about it. Why don't people get a life?!

    I have no idea how I would react to being stuck in a wheel chair, but I'm pretty sure it would suck big time.

    Hope things are looking slightly better for you as time goes on.. what about the girls, are they okay?

    Anyway wondered if I can link to your blog from my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has she tried acupuncture?

    ReplyDelete